Find a roofer in Selma, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Selma, AlabamaHome // Alabama // Selma
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Selma, Alabama
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Selma, Alabama. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.