Find a roofer in Section, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Section, Alabama
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Section, Alabama, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Section, Alabama. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.