Find a roofer in Scottsboro, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Scottsboro, AL. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Scottsboro, AL
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Scottsboro, AL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.