Find a roofer in Satsuma, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Satsuma, Alabama. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Satsuma, Alabama
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Satsuma, Alabama. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Satsuma, Alabama. Find the right contractor for your house right away.