Find a roofer in Sardis, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is best for a roofing project?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Sardis, AL. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Sardis, AL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Sardis, AL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.