Find a roofer in Sardis, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sardis, AlabamaHome // Alabama // Sardis
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Sardis, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Sardis, Alabama. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sardis, Alabama. Find the right contractor for your home right away.