Find a roofer in Saraland, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Saraland, Alabama
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Saraland, Alabama. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Saraland, Alabama. Find the right contractor for your property now.