Find a roofer in Salem, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the typical rate charged by roofing experts for a replacement job?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much does it cost to maintain a roof top?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is a good season for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Salem, Alabama
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Salem, Alabama, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.