Find a roofer in Robertsdale, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Robertsdale, AL
When you need roofing maintenance services in Robertsdale, AL, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.