Find a roofer in Randolph, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the project.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost does a roofing specialist charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What kind of prices are associated with fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Randolph, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Randolph, AL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.