Find a roofer in Randolph, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Randolph, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Randolph, AL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.