Find a roofer in Ragland, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the ideal season for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofing professionals advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Ragland, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Ragland, AL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.