Find a roofer in Ragland, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Ragland, Alabama
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Ragland, Alabama. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.