Find a roofer in Quinton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Quinton, AL
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Quinton, AL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Quinton, AL. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.