Find a roofer in Pisgah, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Pisgah, Alabama. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Pisgah, Alabama
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Pisgah, Alabama, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.