Find a roofer in Phil Campbell, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the perfect time for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Phil Campbell, AL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Phil Campbell, AL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Phil Campbell, AL. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.