Find a roofer in Perdido, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical duration to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Perdido, Alabama. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the standard rate charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Perdido, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Perdido, Alabama. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.