Find a roofer in Perdido, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the correct time to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the typical cost of roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
At which time of the year should I book services with a roofing expert?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Perdido, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Perdido, Alabama. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.