Find a roofer in Pelham, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
When is inspecting my roof required?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How much does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What kind of prices are associated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Pelham, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Pelham, AL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.