Find a roofer in Pelham, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Pelham, Alabama. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Pelham, Alabama
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Pelham, Alabama. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.