Find a roofer in Palmerdale, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What cost can be expected for roof maintenance services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Palmerdale, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Palmerdale, AL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.