Find a roofer in Opelika, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Opelika, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Opelika, Alabama. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.