Find a roofer in Oneonta, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What time of year is best for a roofing job?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Oneonta, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Oneonta, Alabama. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oneonta, Alabama. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.