Find a roofer in Ohatchee, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Ohatchee, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Ohatchee, AL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.