Find a roofer in Northport, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Northport, AL
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Northport, AL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.