Find a roofer in Newville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Newville, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Newville, Alabama. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.