Find a roofer in Moody, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the standard cost charged by roofing experts for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the usual pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Moody, AL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Moody, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Moody, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.