Find a roofer in Montgomery, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Montgomery, AL
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Montgomery, AL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.