Find a roofer in Mobile, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe to build a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Mobile, Alabama. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofing professionals advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Mobile, Alabama
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Mobile, Alabama. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Mobile, Alabama. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.