Find a roofer in Midland City, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Midland City, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Midland City, AL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.