Find a roofer in Marbury, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Marbury, AL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Marbury, AL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.