Find a roofer in Madison, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I estimate for rooftop maintenance?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Madison, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Madison, Alabama. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.