Find a roofer in Madison, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Madison, AL
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Madison, AL, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.