Find a roofer in Logan, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Logan, Alabama
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Logan, Alabama. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Logan, Alabama. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.