Find a roofer in Lincoln, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to get roofing services performed?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Lincoln, Alabama. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the right occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lincoln, Alabama
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Lincoln, Alabama. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.