Find a roofer in Leighton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Many roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofing contractors generally price labor for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the rate for fixing a rooftop?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What season is best for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Leighton, AL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Leighton, AL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Leighton, AL. Get the roofing services you need for your home now.