Find a roofer in Leighton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which season should I schedule roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical price per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Leighton, Alabama. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
When is a roof inspection required?
Many roofers suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Leighton, Alabama
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Leighton, Alabama. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.