Find a roofer in Lawley, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Lawley, AL. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is the proper time to request a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Lawley, AL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Lawley, AL. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.