Find a roofer in Kimberly, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much does it cost to fix a roof top?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Kimberly, Alabama
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Kimberly, Alabama. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.