Find a roofer in Kansas, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Kansas, Alabama
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Kansas, Alabama. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Kansas, Alabama. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.