Find a roofer in Joppa, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Joppa, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Joppa, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.