Find a roofer in Jasper, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Jasper, Alabama
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Jasper, Alabama. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.