Find a roofer in Jacksonville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When during the year is ideal for a roof project?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
When is inspecting my roof needed?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Jacksonville, AL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Jacksonville, AL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Jacksonville, AL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.