Find a roofer in Irvington, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Irvington, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Irvington, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.