Find a roofer in Huntsville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good season for roofing jobs?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Huntsville, Alabama. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
When is inspecting my roof needed?
Many roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Huntsville, Alabama
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Huntsville, Alabama, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.