Find a roofer in Horton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Horton, Alabama
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Horton, Alabama. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.