Find a roofer in Hillsboro, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical cost charged by roofing experts for a roof replacement project?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much does it cost to fix the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Hillsboro, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Hillsboro, AL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.