Find a roofer in Helena, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Helena, Alabama. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are related to fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Helena, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Helena, Alabama. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.