Find a roofer in Headland, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Headland, Alabama
If you need roofing maintenance services in Headland, Alabama, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Headland, Alabama. Find the right contractor for your home today.