Find a roofer in Harvest, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Harvest, AL. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Harvest, AlabamaHome // Alabama // Harvest
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Harvest, AL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Harvest, AL. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.